1. Tell us a little bit about your self and what it is you do?My name is Anna Söder and I am the proud owner of Salon Fru Söder located in the heart of Stockholm, where I aslo live with my husband and three kids. I have been working as a professional hairdresser and make-up artist for many years, but six years ago I decided to start my own business and I haven’t regretted I day since. My retro looking salon is my second home and I work with amazing clients. I do everything from photo shoots to weddings, but I spend most of my time with my wonderful customers, creating the shape and colour that suits their unique lifestyle, hair quality, and personality that every person has. It really makes me so happy to go to work every day.
2. Tell us about ‘knotting with Anna’?It’s simply the perfect upp. Quick and easy to do yourself and it has a millon of different possibilities. You can be very precise and use lots of pins and shiny products if you want it to look strict, smart and perfect, but the more trendy and easy way is more messy. Just think about your hair as a natural material that you can play with the way you want, use dry products as powder and dry schampoo, or saltwater if you are on the beach, and just start to doing knots. Do big or small knots, just one, two or fifty, half of your hair or all of it. The less you think about it the better, take a look in the mirror after you are done instead, adjust and pull, to get the shape you like.
3. Do you see any other hair trends this Spring?There are plenty! Which means there is something for everyone. Individuality is the keyword, but texture and movement is also important and will be a strong trend in 2018. If you feel confident and comfortable, you will look it. Super short, big frizzy, pastel and dirty gold with an air of the 90’s are other exciting trends, as well as going all natural. Almost everything goes as long as it’s you!
4. How would you describe your own personal style?I dress and style myself based on my mood and the moment! I am inspired by everything and everyone around me, I can wear ten different colours and put on lots of jewellery and hats, but I can also where just a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt at times. Some days I want to be colourful and wild and put on a hippie inspired dress, and other days I feel like wearing a black suit. So maybe I’m a chameleon, I have fun with it!
5. You have worked with Carls Bernsten several times and you own quite a few of our garments. What are you favourite pieces and why?Yes, we have done a lot of work together and we always have such a good time! I have a lot of favourites, but I am love with the outfit that I wore on the morning news the other day when I was showing my knotting technique. I wore a lovely top and pant in an amazing french patterned viscose that feels a little bit flirty, a bit bohemian, but also so stylish. The outfit went so well with my styling and I can’t wait for the Summer so I can style my knotted hairdo with this outfit again! Check it out at https://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhetsmorgon/3963124 , it will put you in that Summer mood!